I grew my own batch of pumpkins especially for the purpose of making my own pumpkin beer.
I think that Rogue made my favorite one this year. But I tried many!
For my Espresso Pumpkin Stout this is what I used
Ingredients
§ 4# Dark Malt Extract
§ 3# Light Malt Extract
§ 5 oz Dark Malt Extract (for priming)
§ 1# Crystal Malt 90L (Whole Grain, Crushed)
§ 1/8# Roasted Barley (Whole Grain, Crushed)
§ 1/8# Black Patent Malt (Whole Grain, Crushed)
§ 1/4# Chocolate Malt (Whole Grain, Crushed)
§ 2 oz Northern Brewer Hops
§ .5 oz Willamette Hops
§ 16 shots Fresh Brewed Espresso (http://stumptowncoffee.com/) one of my local favorites.
§ Irish Ale liquid Yeast
Plus: use 30oz pumpkin, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 3/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ginger, and 1/4 tsp clove last 5 min of boil. Ferment at 65-70F.
At kegging (and bottling) I will add:
1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/8 tsp ginger, 1/8 tsp clove, 1 tsp real vanilla extract.
Right now, It smells really good. Great dark color… I’m really excited about this batch!!
Here are some shots of my brew process










Yum! Can't wait to try it!
ReplyDeleteHow awesome!
ReplyDelete